Louraiseal McDonald’s: Enjoy These Kid-Friendly Italian Recipes | New
Looking for easy and fun recipes for kids? Try one of these Italian recipes:
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Servings: 6 servings (2 sliders)
12 chicken nuggets
12 buns (1 package)
1 cup marinara sauce
1½ cups mozzarella cheese (grated, fat-free)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (without salt)
2 tablespoons parmesan (reduced fat)
- Cook chicken nuggets according to package directions, set aside and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F and spray a 9-by-13 pan with cooking spray.
- Carefully cut the buns horizontally in half without separating the individual rolls.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared dish and bake for four to five minutes until lightly toasted.
- Take out of the oven and assemble the sliders. Place a chicken nugget on each described roll, top with marinara and mozzarella. Place the other half of the sliced rolls over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on top of the rolls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
calories: 110 Big: 1g
Cholesterol: 10mg Fiber: 0g
Sugar: 2g Protein: 0mg
Servings: 10 (1 slice)
1 package of pre-made pizza dough
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup fat-free mozzarella cheese (grated)
10 slices of deli ham (thinly sliced)
8 slices of turkey salami
8 slices of turkey pepperoni
1 large egg (beaten)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup grated parmesan
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll the premade pizza dough and, if necessary, roll it into a rectangle about 12 x 14 inches with a rolling pin.
- In a small bowl, combine a tablespoon of melted olive oil and the minced garlic. Brush the top of the dough.
- Spread ½ cup mozzarella cheese on top of the dough, leaving the edges bare.
- Top cheese with ham, then add another layer of mozzarella cheese. Then add the salami and pepperoni pieces. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pepperoni.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork and pastry brush to coat the edges of the dough.
- Then carefully roll up the Stromboli. Start with the longer edge and roll it tightly so it stays together. Seal the seam with a little water. Then roll the Stromboli so that the seam is down. Finally, both ends of the dough are underneath, so it’s well sealed. Then transfer to a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, garlic powder, Parmesan, and chopped parsley. Brush the top of the Stromboli with the butter mixture. Using a sharp serrated knife, make shallow diagonal cuts on the Stromboli every two inches.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for five minutes. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy.
calories: 170 Big: 8g
Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 550mg
Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g
Sugar: 2g Potassium: 80mg
— Louraiseal McDonald is the county officer for family and community health in Harrison County.